Moving Meditation is an opportunity to promote relaxation, reduce tension and increase self- confidence. Rather than continue living with stress, discomfort and anxiety, why not make some positive changes?
Awareness of the breath, body and factors that contribute to tension will: improve your health and well- being; increase your creativity and productivity and; deepen your relationship with yourself, others and the world around you. Specifically, techniques are adapted from Aikido, meditation and life coaching practices.
- Are you getting to your wit’s end & want to feel more relaxation?
- Would learning some tools to manage stress and tension in your daily life be useful?
- Do you feel tired and lacking in vitality and finding it difficult to recharge your batteries?
- Would you like greater confidence?
Maybe you would like to take some gentle exercise, relax, lose the tension in your body and mind? Perhaps you could benefit from learning some ways to become more relaxed, confident and at peace in your everyday life? If so, this course is for you.
David Brown runs regular 4 week courses introducing concepts of mindfulness, relaxation, meditation and awareness in movement. One- off workshops are also available. You can contact David here if you would like to discuss arranging a corporate or local event.
It doesn’t matter how fit you are because you can set your own pace. There are no moves to remember or complex sequences to learn. There is simply the time and space to relax, reconnect with yourself and discover some strategies to carry this sense of confidence & relaxation with you always.
These will include:
- Breathing exercises- we rarely take a full, deep calm breath in this hectic and busy world. Tension in the body and focusing attention on the external world means that we do not breath with ease. Therefore we lose the benefit of power, relaxation, presence and confidence that comes with full breath.
- Awareness exercises- are you aware of how you respond to situations in your life? Do you notice the affect you have on the people around you at work and in your private life? Also, do you consider the impact this has on your health and well- being? Becoming more mindful of these things means you may have greater positive impact on your personal and professional relationships. Consequently, this will improve your confidence and well- being.
- Movement exercises- we do not think about the way we move. As a result, this impacts the way we interact with people, as first and foremost we communicate with our body. How do you communicate non- verbally? What impact does that have on others? How is your body language affecting you and your mindset? Therefore, becoming more aware of the way you stand, move and hold yourself is essential for greater confidence, relaxation and presence.
Managing stress and tension
Furthermore, these exercises create an opportunity for you to gain greater awareness of your potential and power. So you have the tools to manage stress and tension in your daily life. It is as simple as taking some time to connect to your breath and body. As a result, feel your innate power, confidence and presence. I think you deserve that.
We understand that exercise is a really important part of our health and well-being. We find ourselves living an increasingly sedentary lifestyle. Therefore building movement and exercise into our everyday life is essential. We understand the significance of managing stress. The health benefits of relaxation are significant. As is the chance to “unplug” from the near constant pressure of modern living . As a result meditation and mindfulness are buzz- words and solutions people are gravitating towards. Yoga, tai chi and other forms of relaxation, mindfulness and awareness practice are common.
Moving Meditation is a combination of all these practices. Hence, it incorporates motion and exercise with awareness, mindfulness and relaxation. These courses create that space in your life that allows you to “unplug” whenever you need to. Live life with more presence, confidence and joy.
What people are saying about Moving Meditation
The centring and breathing exercises I found really relaxed me. They’re also things I can take away from the session and practice in everyday life. NC
Learning the calming breathing exercises emphasise I have a choice how I react to people and situations. Teaching methods were great-calm, serious, fun and informative. CG
The whole course was outstanding. It was helpful with clear , new tools to learn how to relax. Thank you David for a terrific course. Most appreciated. ML
It was great to understand how my body behaves and relaxes and the consequences of that. NP
I enjoyed moving from mind into “being in my body”. It made me realise how challenging it is. Aligning movement with breathing helped me consider that there may be a different way to respond to things. JB
Next Moving Meditation Course to be run:
Taster session at Houghton and Wyton Scout Hall in Houghton, CAMBS. The session runs from 9am to 1030am on Thursday, October 5th. Tickets are available here. Option to continue on to the full 4 week course at a reduced fee.
Future Moving Meditation Courses to be run:
A full 3 hour beginners Moving Meditation Workshop at Greet Hall, Warborough, OXON on October 28th, from 10 am to 1pm. You can find further details and guarantee your place here.
A full day Intermediate Moving Meditation Workshop will be held in Wallingford, OXON on February 3rd, 2018. If you would like booking details please e- mail David at firstname.lastname@example.org.